- Deadline: January 23, 2014 The International Travel Grant Award Program promotes international scientific collaborations between APS members and physicists in developing countries. Grant recipients receive up to $2,000 USD to help support travel for the developing or developed country scientist to visit their collaborator abroad for a minimum of one month. International Travel Grant Award Program is now accepting proposals to cover travel and lodging expenses for international travel while visiting a collaborator.
- Previous news: November 22-23, 2013 A tutorial/workshop, with hands-on user sessions, on the GW and GW-BSE approaches using the BerkeleyGW package will be held November 22-23, 2013, at the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in the NERSC Facility in Oakland, California. http://www.nersc.gov/users/training/nersc-training-events/berkeleygw2013.
- Previous news: July 2013 Young investigators working in the US in computational physics are invited to apply for funding to attend the XXV IUPAP Conference on Computational Physics (CCP2013) to be held August 20-24, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
A proposal to the US National Science Foundation to fund up to four US young investigators to attend CCP2013 is being recommended for funding. To apply please send an application (two page maximum) and a curriculum vitae to Prof. Mark Novotny at man40 (at) ra.msstate.edu before midnight July 21, 2013.
- Previous news: June 2013 Postdoctoral Position in Computational Electronic Structure Theory A three-year postdoctoral position is available in the Materials Simulation Group of Prof. Timo Thonhauser (http://www.wfu.edu/~thonhat)
- ES2013: The 25th Annual Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure Theory, June 11-14, 2013, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- 2012 Summer School on Computational Materials Science: Quantum Monte Carlo Theory and Applications, July 23 - 28, 2012, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 24th Annual Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure Theory, June 5 - 8, 2012, Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- EFRC Summer School 2012: Defects, Deformation and Damage in Structural Materials, June 11-15, 2012, Knoxville, Tenneesee
- Electronic Structure Workshops
- Understanding Complex Systems
- NSF DMR-CMMT meetings